Welcome to Planet Infinity KHMS

Search This Blog

07 September, 2009

Activity- Pythagoras Theorem

Activity Aim-By paper cutting and pasting verify Pythagoras theorem.

Pythagoras theorem states that in a right triangle square of hypotenuse is equal to the sum of squares of other two sides.

Material Required - Coloured Paper, pair of scissors , Glue

Procedure -

  1. Draw a right triangle of dimension a,b,and c . c is hypotenuse.
  2. Make 3 more such triangles.
  3. Cut a square of side c units.
  4. Now arrange the 5 cut out pieces to make a square of side (a+b)
  5. Write your observations

See the given below link for explanation.



7 comments:

Thrive Learning said...

Great post. You have nicely described about pythagoras theorem. I've learned a lot of useful things from this post. Thanks a lot for sharing such an informative post with us. Keep blogging.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed a new explanation for pythagoras theorem for my summer holiday hw

Anonymous said...

thanx man u just helped me fish my math assignment

Anonymous said...

you are soo awesome!!!
you helped me with my math project!!!
u rock! :D

Anonymous said...

Thnx A lot
A great pleasure for me to visit here
I learned a lot /
Thnxxx for ur help

Anonymous said...

It helped me to get good marks in assignment!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job
Really this made my maths activity easy

Recent Comments

Readers