Welcome to Planet Infinity KHMS

Search This Blog

27 August, 2007

Diameter is the longest chord of a circle

Aim By paper folding verify the result "Diameter is the longest chord of a circle"

Material Required Coloured Paper, pair of scissors, fevistick, ruler , sketch pen

Procedure

Step 1. Draw a circle of any radius on a coloured paper and cut it.

Step 2. Fold the circle cut out in any way , a crease is formed.

Step 3. On the crease draw a chord AB.

 Step 4. Similarly get another chord CD.

Step 5. To get the diameter of the circle, fold the circle in such a way that the crease passes through the centre of the circle. Label the diameter as PQ.

Step 6. Measure the lengths of AB,CD and PQ.

 Step 7. Write the observations.

  Result On comparing the length of diameter and other chords, it is observed that diameter is the longest chord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY NAME IS ROHIT GARG
CLASS IX G
ROOLL NO. 23

ACTIVITY: THE DIAMETER IS THE LONGEST CHORDS
I HAVE LEARNT THIS
I KNEW ABOUT CHORDS AND DIAMETER.I ALSO KNEW THAT DIAMETER IS THE LONGEST CHORD.BUT MERE LEARNING DOES NOT GIVE PERFECT KNOWLEDGE UNLESS WE PRACTICAL IF IT.MANY QUESTION WERE LINGERING IN MY MIND SUCH AS WHY DIAMETER IS THE LONGEST CHORD OR INFACT IT IS MATHEMATICAL ACTIVITIES REMOVED MY ALL DOUBTS.I DID PRACTICAL OF CHORDS & DIAMETER THROUGH FOLDING ON A CIRCULAR PAPER PIECE.I GOT MANY CREASES FOR CHORDS BY FOLDING.I GOT A CREASE FOR DIAMETER ALSO.ON SEEING ALL THE CHORDS, I FOUND THAT THE LONGEST CHORD WAS REALLY THE DIAMETER.HENCE I GOT PERFECT KNOWLEDGE THROUGH THE MATHEMATICAL ACTIVITIE.

Anonymous said...

i wud lyk 2 share my xperience of working in maths lab..i was a gr8 experience..1st of all,due 2 working in maths lab d so called maths phobia was removed from my mind..during my session of 9th,i enjoyed a lot in d lab n learnt many new acivities n new formulas..i also made platonic solids..my interaction power was improved..at d end i wud lyk 2 thank my teacher mrs. rashmi kathuria 4 her guidance
name-VAIBHAV CHAWLA
CLASS-1X-G
R.NO-43

Recent Comments

Readers